Professional Liability – Architects, Engineers, Contractors, Real Estate Brokers, Accountants, Lawyers
- Successfully demurred to a complaint against our client, a structural engineer, and forced a nuisance value settlement in a personal injury case with a $1.7 million demand.
- Obtained a nonsuit on the issue of causation in an accounting malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty case after a two-week trial in San Diego Superior Court.
- Obtained a nonsuit on the issue of duty in a legal/accounting malpractice case tried in San Diego Superior Court.
- Prevailed on motion for summary adjudication to dismiss causes of action for breach of contract, fraud and negligent misrepresentation, which sought significant damages against a general contractor.
- Prevailed on summary judgment for a geotechnical engineer arguing that the general contractor failed to follow the pre-litigation claims process required by the parties’ contract. The client was awarded its attorney’s fees.
- Procured dismissal of an engineering client at the pleadings stage (only defendant to do so) via a motion to dismiss the complaint filed in Clark County District Court of Nevada in highly publicized wrongful death matter.