Ms. Folger practices in the areas of employment law, education law and general litigation. Her employment practice includes defending employers in a variety of legal claims including wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and wage and hour matters. She also regularly counsels employers regarding numerous issues, including disciplinary actions, wage and hour issues, and investigations. She also presents training seminars for her clients on employment law issues.
Ms. Folger’s education law practice includes defending and counseling academic institutions in a wide range of claims, including student accommodation issues and discrimination claims.
Ms. Folger also has a robust investigation practice and frequently conducts neutral investigations for employers and educational institutions.
Ms. Folger is also a partner in the firm’s tort liability and professional liability groups. Her tort liability practice covers a wide spectrum of personal injury litigation, ranging from wrongful death cases to premises liability matters to catastrophic losses. Her professional liability practice focuses on the defense of an array of professionals, including, lawyers, architects and engineers.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Folger enjoys spending time with her husband and her two young daughters. She also loves cooking and practicing yoga.
Honors, Awards, Recognitions
- Rising Stars – Washington State, Super Lawyers® in the area of Employment Litigation (2017-2020)
- We Have to Do What, Now? The Me Too Movement and Other Developments in Employment Law – June 19, 2018 – Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Society, Spokane Chapter
- ADA and FMLA: The Advanced Class – February 26, 2018 – NAMWOLF Business Meeting 2018
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance: Coverage for a Liability Minefield – June 8, 2017 – Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Society, Spokane Chapter
- Being Good: A Primer on Ethics In and Out of the Insurance Industry – March 20, 2017 – Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Society, Spokane Chapter
- Beyond the Schoolyard: Workplace Bullying – July 9, 2015 – NAMWOLF Webinar & February 11, 2015 – Inland Northwest Society of Human Resources Management
- Getting to the Bottom of It: A Primer on How to Conduct Workplace Investigations Legally and Effectively – April 14, 2014 – Inland Northwest Society of Human Resources Management
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Washington
- State Bar of Idaho
- California State Courts
- Washington State Courts
- Idaho State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Idaho