Mr. Andrews is one of four founders of Andrews Lagasse Branch + Bell, LLP and is the Firm’s Managing Partner. Mr. Andrews’s practice focuses on advising and representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, breach of contract, and employee mobility/trade secret litigation and counseling. He also regularly presents training seminars for his clients on employment law issues.
Mr. Andrews represents clients in state and federal court as well as matters before administrative agencies, such as the California Labor Commissioner, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Mr. Andrews also serves as a mediator. He routinely mediates Department of Fair Employment and Housing cases and is on the American Arbitration Association meditation and arbitration panels.
He has received his L.L.M. in Dispute Resolution with a concentration in Mediation from the Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law – one of the world’s leading educational programs in the field of dispute resolution.
Honors, Awards, Recognitions
- Best Lawyers in America (2020)
- Top 50 Lawyers in San Diego, Super Lawyers®
- Super Lawyers of San Diego, Super Lawyers® (area of labor and employment, 2009 – 2019)
- Top Attorney by the San Diego Daily Transcript (area of labor and employment law)
- 40 under 40, San Diego Metro Magazine
- This prestigious award recognizes the business accomplishments and community contributions of San Diego’s brightest young business professionals, entrepreneurs, and civic leaders, all of whom are under 40 years of age
- The Best Lawyers in America © (practice area of Employment Law – Management, 2016-2018)
- Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Services Award for services performed for the San Diego Legal Aid Society (past recipient)
- AIG D&O/EPL Trends, Underwriting Strategy & Innovation, November 7, 2018.
- Preparing For Mediation, November 5, 2018.
- Labor Board And Employee Handbook BINGO: How The New NLRB Is Making Life A Little Less Complicated, NAMWOLF 2018 Annual Meeting & Law Firm Expo, September 27, 2018.
- Preventative Harassment Training, Seaspine, April 3, 2018.
- Diversity & Inclusion: A Training, Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego County, March 15, 2018.
- Preventative Harassment Training, DMSD Restaurants, Inc., January 31, February 1, 2018.
- Arbitration Pros and Cons, Tokio Marine HCC, December 6, 2017.
- Getting to the Bottom of It: A Primer on How to Conduce Workplace Investigations Legally and Effectively, Seaspine, September 25, 2017.
- Elimination of Bias: Implicit Bias, CMCP/Kaiser Permanente MCLE Program, January 14, 2016.
- Lifecycle of a Federal EEO Complaint, United States Office of Special Counsel Mediator’s Meeting, June 4, 2015.
- California EPL 2015, AIG, April 17, 2015.
- Are You in Compliance? Tips to Avoid Wage Claims and the Associated Hefty Penalties, ACCA-SD Brown Bag Lunch, July 10, 2014.
- Managing Ill, Injured and Disabled Employees, ACCA-SD Brown Bag Lunch, June 24, 2013.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Methods & Strategies for Employment Cases, Chartis Insurance, December 5, 2011.
- Defending Disability Claims, Chartis Insurance, October 11, 2010.
- Affirmative Action Plan Legal and Regulatory Updates, San Diego Gas & Electric Affirmative Action Plan Kick-Off Meeting, March 25, 2009.
- Interview Best Practices/Employee Termination, Association of Public Treasurers, August 12, 2007.
- Basic Personnel Law, An Overview of Federal and State Employment Laws, Greater San Diego Employers Association, February 17, 2005.
- California Trade Secrets Law & Practice, Lorman Education Services, June 3, 2004.
- State Bar of California
- California State Courts
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California