Ms. Branch is one of four founding members of Andrews Lagasse Branch + Bell LLP. She specializes in employment and education law. She defends employers in single plaintiff claims, class actions, and representative actions under California’s Private Attorneys General Act (PAGA). She practices in state and federal courts, and before administrative agencies. She also dedicates her practice to consulting with clients to help them avoid litigation. She provides advice on all types of employment-related issues and student issues. She provides proactive training on unlawful harassment and best management practices, and serves as an independent investigator for employers seeking objective workplace investigations.
Prior to founding ALBB, Ms. Branch was a partner practicing employment law at a national law firm. Before becoming an attorney, Ms. Branch taught third grade in Mexico.
Outside of ALBB, Ms. Branch volunteers as a judge for the San Diego Teen Court Program, a diversion program for first-time juvenile offenders.
Additionally, each year she serves as a Team Captain and walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk. 2018 will be her 10th year walking 60 miles over three days to raise funds and awareness that help support local public health outreach programs in San Diego county designed to end breast cancer.
Ms. Branch volunteers as a legal expert for the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program, a program designed to help entrepreneurs create jobs and economic opportunity in the local Southern California community by providing them with resources they need to grow and create jobs. She speaks on employment-related topics at the legal clinic, and meet with small business owners to provide volunteer legal counseling services on employment and contractual issues.
Ms. Branch is the proud mom of three wonderful children, ages 11-15. She spends her weekends cheering them on from the sidelines of their many sporting activities.
Honors, Awards, Recognitions
- Top Attorney in the area of labor and employment law, San Diego Daily Transcript
- Top 25 Women Lawyers in San Diego in the area of labor and employment law, Super Lawyers® (2010 – 2018)
- Top 50 Lawyers in San Diego in the area of labor and employment law, Super Lawyers® (2011, 2012, 2017)
- Super Lawyers of San Diego in the area of labor and employment law, Super Lawyers® (2009-2018)
- Women Who Mean Business (2010) with Traci Lagasse and Margi Bell, San Diego Business Journal
- Full article listing: /articles
- 2018 Employment Law Update – (January 2018)
- California Minimum Wage Scheduled to Increase to $15 Per Hour by 2022 – (April 2016)
- California’s New Fair Pay Act – What Employers Need to Know – (October 2015)
- What Every Employer Needs to Know about California’s Paid Sick Leave Law – (May 2015)
- New Employment Laws Effective July 1, 2014 – (June 2014)
- Presented with Lisa Magorien a program entitled, #MeToo – Preventing Harassment and Bullying in the Workplace at the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management 2018 Law Day. (1/10/18)
- Served as a panelist during a presentation entitled Confused by the Smoke? (Almost) Everything You Wanted to Know about Marijuana in the Workplace but Were Afraid to Ask at the National Association of Minority and Women Law Firm’s annual conference in Houston, Texas. (9/16/16)
- Spoke about San Diego’s Earned Sick Leave & Minimum Wage Ordinance for WS Radio – during their HR Insights Hour, Sponsored by San Diego Society for Human Resource Management. (7/3/16)
- Presented with Lisa Magorien a webinar for the San Diego Society of Human Resource Management regarding Compliance With San Diego’s Earned Sick Leave & Minimum Wage Ordinance. (6/16/16)
- Facilitated a discussion about Whistleblower Retaliation at the Annual Meeting for the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firm’s “Employment Law Think Tank – Hot Topics for 2015 and Beyond”, held in Hollywood, California. (9/17/15)
- Presented with Kelly Folger a webinar for the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms entitled Beyond the Schoolyard; Workplace Bullying. (7/10/15)
- Facilitated a discussion about Workplace Privacy under the National Labor Relations Board’s Recent Interpretations of the National Labor Relations Act for the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firm’s “Employment Law Think Tank,” in San Antonio, Texas. (2/9/15)
- Spoke about California’s new Paid Sick Leave Law at the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management 2015 Law Day. (1/21/15)
- Facilitated a discussion about Workplace Bullying for the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms’ Employment Law Roundtable Event in Philadelphia. (9/23/14)
- Presented with Jon Andrews a program entitled Are you in Compliance? Tips to Avoid Wage Claims and the Associated Hefty Penalties at the July Brown Bag Program for the Association of Corporate Counsel, San Diego Chapter. (7/10/14)
- Spoke about Emerging Technologies – Changing the Way We Work and Think about HR during the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management’s 2014 Law Day. (1/22/14)
- Spoke about California’s new Paid Sick Leave Law at the San Diego Society for Human Resource Management 2014 Law Day. (1/21/14)
- Regularly present seminars to private clients and insurance companies on topics such as the Prevention of Unlawful Harassment, Discrimination & Retaliation in the Workplace and Best Management Practices.
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Massachusetts
- California State Courts
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice: United States District Court for the District of Nevada, Eighth Judicial District Court, Clark County, Nevada (11/7/01)