Mr. Martin’s litigation practice includes complex and class action defense, large-scale business litigation, environmental litigation, intellectual property litigation, and employment litigation. He also regularly represents business with regard to environmental, health and safety, and other regulatory concerns and investigations.
Mr. Martin’s practice focuses primarily on the defense of class and representative actions, including consumer and employment cases, and business litigation. Hehas experience representing diverse clients including financial institutions financial services companies, energy companies, specialty contractors, pharmacy benefit managers, government contractors, high-tech and biological sciences companies, law firms, and various start-up companies.
From the beginning of his career, Brian has also devoted substantial time to representing clients in a pro bono capacity, including an individual in Habeas Corpus proceedings, political asylum seekers, and the representation of an at-risk youth boxing gymnasium in an eminent domain action.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Martin enjoys hiking, camping, and watching his children partake in youth figure skating and youth ice hockey. He is a former member of the Leadership Team for Tahoe Tribe in the Ecke YMCA program.
Honors, Awards, Recognitions
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services
- Super Lawyers of San Diego, Super Lawyers® in the area of Business Litigation (2013-2020)
- State Bar of California
- California State Courts
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California